Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

LOCKED IN A ROOM




I am locked in a room
Tired of walking in the past
I can't find a true friend out of this world
Nothing out here can lift my burden off
I can no longer tell the differences in a friend and a foe
I can no longer tell the day there would be peace at home
I don't want to see hearts stained in blood
Can't face an unjust world anymore
Let me die alone in the dark where I belong
I don't want anyone looking out for me
I can't walk a distance without feelings of hate
I can't keep seeing the innocent crying everyday
Mother helpless victim of man's cruelty for love is abandoned

Lock me in a room
I don't want to have no friend anymore
I don't want my heart hurt and bleed any more
I just want to live as an outcast
Wait till God call these day my last
There is so much pollution in the mind
The hearts greedy, it can’t seem to get enough
There is no more evening that bare a smile
Just the wailing of a world running clockwise
Good is forgotten, the cloud bares on it no star
I no longer want to be a victim of an unforeseen world anymore


© Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment