Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS



I see you in my dreams like you are a part of it
Walking down the street with thoughts of catching a glimpse of you
I followed the footpath leading my heart to you
Heard a dog barking from a distance that you are near
Wished time can tell how long it takes to hold you in my arms
Wished I had a life line or a clue how to get you of my mind
So I don't have to look over my shoulder not to miss you when you pass by
Just a hug from you is all I need to ascertain what I feel is real
I know my feelings are genuine, I wouldn't trade it for the world
Can you stand still for a while so I can kiss your lips?
Hold your hands while we journey together a life time
Every man needs a companion; I just found mine in you
I stopped praying for a miracle a fortnight
Because I have found a special person in you
  
© Akan Udofia E. July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment