Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DON'T TELL ME YOU LOVE ME




Don't tell me you love me, but show me that you care
If I am walking through a valley, will I find you near?
It's not that I am scared of my heart been broken
I needed someone to catch me if someday the world's falling
I long for a star on my cloud, someone out there who cares
Someone to hold my hands and help me overcome my fears
All through life I carry in me a heart that's lost and lonely
In your arms I dreamt of a future that's sunny

Don’t tell me you love me, show me in your heart that you care
If you got a call that I am dying, will you visit to wish me well
The world is so huge yet difficult to find true love
Do you have a feeling in your heart that's pure and as calm as a dove?
All I have ever long for is a shoulder I can lean on
Someone to love me for whom I am and leave in my heart a song
Please don't tell me you love me but hold me till my heart bleeds no more
For a caring and loving heart is all I am asking for


© Akan Udofia E    July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment