Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

CONVICTED





Life has been cruel the past few years
I have been convicted of almost everything I care
Convicted for loving my parents, brothers, sisters and neighbors
Convicted for been kind to everyone around me
Convicted for been poor because I can't afford the good things in life
Convicted for becoming successful and blessed in life
Convicted for living a godly life, and for depriving oneself from the things of the world
Convicted for dropping out of college and for not been able to get a job
I am convicted for been afraid to love, because my heart has been betrayed before
Convicted for speaking in the public about corrupt leaders in our society
Convicted for expressing my opinion about the things I am not happy with
Every way I am a victim in all aspect of  life
I am convicted because I couldn't fight for the things believed in
And can't do anything about life and society I am living in


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment