Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

BLUE NIGHT




It rained heavily and I couldn't hid from her beneath the trees
She kissed my tentacles as I felt her soft touch on my lips
The evening was deep and the stars all gone
The wind was modest; she didn't want me out on the cold all alone
She gave me a pat on the back to move on
I ran in the rain as I head towards home
I wouldn't want my heart wet for I had no one at home 
Wished I knew not to had asked Cynthia to spend the evening back home
Guilt wouldn't allow me give her a call
How will I explain to her that my night will be colder?
When I told her earlier I was good, that tonight she need not bother
I embraced my fate for its going to be a long and cold night
Seems the rain understood my thought
Like she didn't mean to spoil my night
The out-pour got paused for few minutes for she was sober
She wished she could apologies by giving me a hug on the shoulder
Gratefully, I hit home and try to forget my misery
I prayed for an angel to come visit me tonight
And touch my heart where it's lonely most tonight


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment