Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

DREAMS



As kids we all had dreams
Stocked in our tender heads
Actors in our dreams
Leaders in our realms

Our hands, bread winners for some
The rest on platter of gold at home
At a tender age we dream big
In order to fit to the wig

We watched the cars in fleets 
As our eyes gazed at the streets
The red, the black and blue
The cost our heads never knew

Time passes like the fleet
As we strive to make ends meet
I achieved all my dreams with my tongue
Not knowing it'll hold me this long

My heart barely worried about my stomach
All I craved for was to make a mark
For everything we had, we shared together
Believing everything would last forever

I have been battling a million thought
What life is worth?
Did my dreams make a flight?
Did I forget the path of light?

I am pregnant of a dream
But I wish this life were like a film
Where the cast know their roles
And fly where ever their dream goes

(c) Akan Udofia E. 2014

Edited by Awa Chigozie Jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment