Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOUR?



Ever since you came into my life
My life has never been the same
You have been walking in and out of my life
Never there when I needed you
I lay my emotions for your love to trade
You took them all for granted and never stayed
I tried many times to give you the recipe to my heart
But you have always been absent mined from the start

I introduced you to my home
I tried to offer you everything I own
But you never took cognizance or try to appreciate my efforts
Please I need you to do me a favor and pretend we never met
That I never had feelings for you
That all the uneasiness I had for you were all false

Don’t worry about me, I will be fine
My heart has never been tied to the end of a line
A mistake I made trading my heart for you
For my thought for you was pure
You were never straight with me at all
I think it’s time we say goodbye
As I look back at my ordeal and smile


© Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment