Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

CAN I BE THE ONE FOR YOU?




Can I be your anchor?
To keep your heart from drifting away

Can I be your sun?
To wipe away your tears when it rain

Can I be your umbrella?
To shade your burden when life is sunny

Can I be your paper?
So you can write down the things in your heart that makes you smile

Can I be your carpenter?
To design the furniture you need to make your life beautiful

Can I be the diamond in your life?
So you can look at me always with pride

Can I be your butler?
 I want to get you all the things you need in life

Can I be your companion?
And journey together with you through life

Can I be your cook?
To prepare you dishes from the recipe of my heart

Can I sit beside you to keep you company?
To be there for you to share in your dreams

Can I be the one for you?
 When you need someone to hold your hands on the alter
And help you take care of the kids

Can I be there for you?
 To take you somewhere far away
Where we can watch the sun smile all day


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment