Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, June 20, 2014

SHEPHERD WITHOUT A FLOCK




A shepherd without a flock
Left on the hill sitting on the rock
Folks depending on me to feed
But I have got no sheep and got no meat
Like an outcast I wander into the desert
Thirsty to drink from the fullness of life and death
My eyes deemed of worries and starvation
With every breath in me I staggered under the sun
Troubled with thoughts of how to feed a nation?
When I can't turn a stone into bread
Shame, failure and disappointments
Bared as I journey on ahead
My visions are faint but something kept my heartbeat
It stroked me to look further down east
There I saw salvation, for it was blur at first as the weather
I pick my strength and pull them all together
For I found a lamb from heaven my needs He fed
I went back home wealthier, healthier and better
And bear with me the Lamb of God, the world to feed


© Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment