Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, June 2, 2014

DON'T PRETEND YOU CARE ABOUT ME




It's no use pretending you love me
I could see it through your smile that you don't need me
Gone were days flowers blossom when I am around you
You were like the morning dew in my heart
A river that ease my pain when I am sad
A storm that chase away my nightmares
An angel that walked me down the aisle

I used to go to church to pray for a miracle
But it's obvious you selfishly left me in the cold
You never gave me a chance to share the feelings I hold
I took a long stare at your picture; it got my heart burning inside
You've burden my heart and left her bleeds
For everything I go through you don't care
I was saving all I have got for you
Now I don't know what to do, for I am miserable
I can never get back the life I once had
You took it all away, you took every I had
My feelings are flying free; I no longer have use for them
For its no use pretending you love me


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment