Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, June 19, 2014

GOODBYE TOMORROW






The pains I can no longer bear
Loneliness embraced each year
The cloud above me every day is gray
Couldn't share the burden with you yesterday

The sky is out of reach, every effort void
You were never here when searching for a friend
I called out your name but a stranger you were to me
Now I leave the world to be cleansed of me

All my life, thought I could find love to stay
But hatred and strife increasing everyday
Yesterday I fought for, but everything is gone
I waited for a blue sky but never found the sun

Wished someone solves what misery my heart goes through
Wished the rain drown the worries, failures and woe
I couldn't see October, for she was further away from you
Life has been slow from birth, trees planted yet no dew

I am sorry; I never meant to go away at all
Just can't live in an obsolete world anymore
The world will not miss me; she made me wear a fragile smile
All the life I thought I had was all a lie


© Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment