Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, June 30, 2014

I DON'T WANT TO FALL IN LOVE




I don’t want to fall in love with you
But there is something about you so magical
Like the breath in me, you I can't do without
Beautiful thoughts about you I can't let out

Last night when I saw you in a picture smiling
It felt like the sun was shining in my heart
I took a long stare at you and the world paused before you
I tried so hard but can’t figure how God made you so beautiful

A friend once told me that pictures can be deceptive
But the way you smile is so real, it made my heart skips
You are as pure as the morning stream
So I made a wish in my heart for you to forever keep

I once promised my heart not to fall in love again
But since I met you, life is no longer the same
When I told my heart I am in love with you, he smiled and said me too
Now we are both fond of you, and there is nothing anyone can do

I don't want to fall in love with you
So I close my eyes and prayed for a miracle
I smiled for God told me you are my dream come true
You are now finally in my heart to forever stay
For I wouldn't stop thinking about you every single day


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment