Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, June 2, 2014

SWITCHING PLACES





Can we switch places for a while?
I want you to understand completely how I feel inside
I may have told you a thousand times that I love you
You've got to have pictures of what's going on in my mind
It's hasn't been easy holding my feelings for so long
Sometimes I tried to figure out my heart
Can't find out why she clings on to you all this while
You've got to know the sacrifices I made for you
I picture you in all my dreams for I want them to become true
I might not be able to express my feelings for you openly
I may not be as sincere as you want me to be
Every man has shortcomings, that's what makes us human
It’s not an excuse that I don’t love you, I always will
But I need you to switch places with me
And have a clue what I have been through for you
Maybe you will appreciate me a little more
For loving you this much


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment