Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

IN THE EYES OF THE MOON




In the eyes of the moon
I see the calmness of the sea
I see beauty of the world as the night drift
The street dark with tiny crystal sparkling up to the sky
I can feel the whispers of the wind
Death and spirit resting by the chapel
I see life everywhere and can sense love from afar
I see traffic on the bridge and hear the baby crying in the dark
I see it raining in Africa and the crop waiting for the sun
I see a ship sailing through the pacific from dusk to dawn
I see family praying and thankful to God for a graceful day
I see the flowers in the garden and a dog baking in the park
I see a couple walking home holding hands
I see the evening fading away,
My eyes deemed after a night long awake
For in my heart I treasure the world God created
And giving me eyes it beauty to see


(c) Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment