Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, June 19, 2014

IF I GIVE YOU MY HEART?




If I give you my heart what will you do with it?
Will you treasure it or let her wither and die?
Will you keep it to yourself or let her freely fly?
Will you keep her close but dearly to your heart?
Will you love her back with everything you've got?
Or let her be lonely for the rest of her life?
Will you take her with you wherever you go?
Or abandon her in a room without a window?

Will you allow her feelings to be broken?
Will you over the years her beauty forgotten?
Will you cuddle and keep her warm all through the night?
Or leave her in the cold without a shelter in the dark?
Will you share with her the things you treasure?
Will you treat her with kindness, care and affection?
Will you care for her like I have always appreciated you?
For I have got but one heart craved only for you

© Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment